I have a question for all my followers...If I even have any :) I'm going to learn how to surf this summer, I already know how to Boogie Board, but when it comes to surfing, that's a whole different story. Here's my question: I don't know which beach to go, or which waves are good starter waves. Also, which board, what size, which brand, and what should the board be made of?
As you see I 'm a total dummy when it comes to surfing... I already have a wet suit and fins, now all I need is my board and I'm good to go when it comes to the gear... I hope! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

In terms of surfing, you definitely should find an instructor. You'll need to learn how to duck under the waves or ride over them to get into the open without getting pulled under.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about the material of the board because it's all pretty standard. The brand doesn't really matter either; it's all up to how much you have to spend.
I don't know about size though; you should ask your instructor. I really encourage you to find an instructor because many things can go wrong out there without proper training.
I hope that helps. :) I'm not a surfer or anything, but I'm surrounded by them so I've seen and heard many stories.